Big thanks to my friend Hayley for passing the The Versatile Blogger Award down to me! She’s a great person who I’ve known since college (freshman year?) and we always ran in the same random social circles. She is also super crafty and witty and you will like her!
Here are the rules:
- Nominate 10-15 fellow bloggers
- Inform the bloggers of their nomination
- Share 7 random things about yourself
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (that’s right, suck up to me)
- Add the VBA picture/badge to your blog posts:
Without further ado, here are my nominations: Cely, Carla, Ben (another college friend), Angry Runner, Rachel, Alicia, Bess, Laura, Kendra, and Sarah (another college friend!)… Some I know in person, some I know via other blog projects, some I babysit for, and some I just find hysterical and blog-stalk.
7 things about me you may or may not know (and may or may not want to know):
1. This summer, when Rahul moved to DC, I started teaching myself Hindi. You’d be surprised what you can find on the Internet for free! And being the total language nerd that I am (I speak 3 foreign languages — Spanish, French, and Portuguese), I got really excited for verb conjugations. Once I learned enough and practiced the script, I wrote Rahul a short letter as a surprise! He was pretty impressed.
2. The following situations give me incredible anxiety: the dentist, taking off and landing in a plane, stepping onto an escalator, the parking lot at the Austin Whole Foods, and using Saran wrap.
3. For several years, I was convinced that the lyrics of TLC’s “Waterfalls” song went something like this… “Don’t go, Jason Waterfalls. Please stick to the rivers and the lakes that you’re used to.” Jason Waterfalls. Recently, Rahul & I discovered we both misunderstood the lyric as Jason Waterfalls in our youths! I thought this was common so I asked some friends and they think that we’re absolutely stupid for thinking that. I guess that makes it true love?
4. I need to eat breakfast almost immediately when I wake up, and have been this way ever since I was a baby. There is an old family joke about how one of my first words was “braffix” which I would scream from my crib until I was fed. I’m still pretty unintelligible within the first hour of the day if I don’t eat, even if it is just a piece of fruit.
5. I love pickles. Love, love, love them. I have a giant jar of dill spears in my fridge right now… a flavor I’ve only recently started to like. Bread and butter will always and forever be my true pickle love.
6. I’m up to 9.5 miles in my half marathon training (group run). I’ve already developed a really attractive dance to “Pumped Up Kicks” that I like to do when I run. I also have one that I do for “Fly Like Paper, Get High Like Planes” that was developed with my friend Megan while cruising the streets of Richmond in college on the prowl for
men Thai food.
7. I am terrible (TERRIBLE) at video games! I have zero hand-eye coordination and I get really frustrated in high-anxiety situations. I make my brother beat all the bosses in games and I just make my character frolic around collecting money and slashing grass with swords.